Temporary Status

Canada welcomes more than 35 million temporary residents (non-immigrants) each year.

Unless they are citizens of a visa-exempt country, individuals who wish to enter Canada for a temporary purpose, such as tourists, temporary foreign workers (work permits) and international students (study permits) must apply for and be granted a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).

The TRV is a document issued by a Canadian Immigration Visa Office outside Canada, showing that the holder has satisfied the requirements for admission to Canada as a visitor. Temporary Resident Visas may be for single entry or multiple entries.

As a general rule, tourists are admitted for a period of six months. Temporary foreign workers and international students are admitted for varying periods of time, as determined on a case-by-case basis. Extensions may be applied for within Canada.

It is important to note that possession of a valid Temporary Resident Visa does not necessarily mean that the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Officer at the Canadian Port of Entry will admit the visitor into Canada. At the Port of Entry, all visitors must demonstrate that the purpose of their visit to Canada is of a temporary nature. Citizenship and Immigration Canada Officers at the Port of Entry will deny admission to all persons who, in their opinion, do not intend to leave Canada at the expiry of their visitor status.

In addition, criminality and medical issues may prevent a visitor from entering Canada. Visitors to Canada must also be able to prove their ability to support themselves during their intended temporary stay in Canada.

We are professionally capable of working on the following visas under temporary visa categories.


You must have been accepted by a designated learning institution in Canada.

You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada. You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate. You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.

You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.

There are certain exceptions in this visa categories. Please call our office to know more

To visit Canada, you will need to meet some basic requirements, such as:

have a valid travel document, such as a passport, be in good health, have no criminal or immigration-related convictions, convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country, convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit, and have enough money for your stay. (The amount of money you will need can vary. It depends on things such as how long you will stay, and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.)

You may also need a: medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.

In addition to the basic requirements, most visitors need a valid entry document.

Find out if you need an eTA or a visa.

No matter where you apply, you must: prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires, show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home, obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (we may ask you to give us a police clearance certificate), not be a danger to Canada’s security, be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed, not plan to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions, not plan to work for an employer who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages, not have worked in Canada for one or more periods that total four years after April 1, 2011 (with some exceptions), and give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country.

There are different requirement if you are applying from outside Canada or applying from inside Canada.

Please call our office to know further details

It allows eligible parents and grandparents to apply and enjoy visiting their family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew status. The multiple-entry visa is valid for up to 10 years and current processing times are between 2 – 8 weeks.
To qualify the applicant must be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada; be found admissible to Canada, provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a certain economic threshold, prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year; and complete an immigration medical examination.

For More Information